Monday, July 27, 2020

I don’t think a picture could describe quite literally what it feels like to be a working artist in our current climate. ⠀ ⠀ In the beginning, I never could justify selling my art on masks, because, to me personally, it felt like capitalising on a pandemic. I’ve never felt comfortable doing political art. Not because I don’t have any political stances, but for me, my work is about things that bring joy (like my love for animals) or escaping into mythology & folklore. I always love a good story, and there are SO MANY. Now, with everything carrying a very “financially doomed” sense it’s hard to push the literal way I pay my bills, because it’s not “a necessity.”⠀ .⠀ .⠀ .⠀ .⠀ .⠀ #shannoneagleart #tinyworksofart #covidtimes #yesisellmywork #artforsale #doyouwantobuyapainting #yesyousangthattofrozen #nowyoureallydid #monday #caseofthemondays


No comments:

Post a Comment