Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Time Lapse Tuesday - Flamingo

Time Lapse Video for the March Bird Whisperer


Well hello! Today's post is a video (I promise you won't have to hear me talk). This video is only about 2 minutes long, and it shows the entire 13.5 hour long process of a black and white drawing using graphite pencils (Mitsubishi Hi-uni to be exact). I always like to do a black and white drawing before I actually begin to paint anything. It helps set up the lighting and tonal values, so I can just focus on the colors when it gets to the painting stage. This particular video is from the March installation of The Bird Whisperers! We all did a Greater Flamingo, and if you get the chance, you should check us out here






 The music playing in the background is "Queen of the Night" by Nova Era.


Scroll down to view the final image. 
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V


Here is what the final image looks like!




Check out my Instagram page for more WIP and art!



No comments:

Post a Comment